Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Have a Picnik!

I've written before about free on-line photo-editing site Picnik, but looks like it's worth yet another look. I was reminded of this site the other day by one of my web search bots that caught a reference to a bookmarklet that Picnik has. By using this bookmarklet, you surf to any page you want, and when you see an image you want to edit in Picnik, simply click the bookmarklet on your toolbar. Picnik loads and presents you with a gallery of the images on the site you came from for editing. Select the one you want, and edit away. Pretty cool use.


The actual bookmarklet is:

javascript:void(window.location.href='http://www.picnik.com/?import='+escape(window.location.href));

but you can grab it more easily from Picnik's site directly.

The site and the bookmarklet have both been around for a while, so I'm not quite sure why my alert bot triggered it, but it gave me a good reason to check out the site again. You should too!

No comments: