Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No more commercials

About a year ago I posted about the commercials that had been sneaking into the books I was reading. The other day, I was watching White Collar on TV and it hit me again. This time it was a very blatant placement for Ford. I don't recall if it was this episode or not, but so far Ford has managed to get placements for at least the car driven by the main character, the blind spot indicator system, adaptive cruise control, Sync and the navigation system. I'm sure that there were more items as well, but I was still processing the placement to remember them all.

Now, granted, I was watching this show, time shifted with my DVR, skipping the "normal commercials very easily with a single button on the remote. :-)

I knew it was coming. As more and more people bypass the commercials, the networks need to make their revenue somewhere. I was just hoping that maybe it'd be a little more subliminal than that. A can of Campbell's soup sitting on the counter. One extra pass by a McDonalds while racing through town after a fugitive. A lawyer taking note on a Sony Vaio while interrogating a perp.

Oh well. Guess it's time to head on up to my Serta mattress and catch some ZZZZzzzzzs...

No comments: