Monday, September 27, 2010

You CAN take it with you...

I've been listening to NPR int the car recently. On the radio, but also on podcasts. My car allows me to listen to them via a USB stick, so a lot of the stories and programs that I miss because of my drive time are available via podcast, so I downloaded the most recent one (as an MP3 file) and took them with me.


I didn't know exactly which series would interest me so I just grabbed a bunch that seemed like they might be interesting - mostly science and technology. I heard about a couple of things that were really cool -- a vision test done with any smart phone (to go along with the really inexpensive glasses aimed at developing countries) and a digital stethoscope smart phone app that performs even better than their much pricier options.

I really like being able to listen to what I want to listen to when I want to listen. I've subscribed to the ones I like via iTunes at home, but we'll see how often I listen there. Time will tell.

No comments: