Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ocupado

Whenever I sit down to write a new post, I always seem to get distracted. First my mail then by Pinterest or Google's Reader Play, our Youtube.


Recently it's been the Pinterest (pin your interests) that's been occupying my attention. I'm not a really social person (in real life or online), but I love being a lurker in other people's lives. Pinterest allows people to pin/post things that they find on line that they like / find interesting / want to share or even just save for themselves for later. They can pin them to different boards, arranging them by topic for instance. It's been on a huge growth track recently so there are more an more people posting more and more cool findings!

There are people posting cool sayings and motivational quotes, recipes, humor, images, crafts, libraries, showers, tips, and just about anything else you can think of.

I don't think I've been able to scan through the site any one time without finding something that I want to share. I have a Gmail this bookmarklet that I use to send the sites to my wife (usually humor or really cool crafts), or daughter (quotes, recipes, etc), or others (a potpourri). I should switch to my Blog this bookmarklet instead so that I can share with everyone instead. Some people would suggest that I use a more global social sharing method, but I'm fine with my little circle of followers.

I'll try to do better about posting some of my finds here...

No comments: