Saturday, February 11, 2012

Almost there...

Sorry for the teaser :-) I'm not really revealing THAT reveal... See here for the time left to wait still for that one...


But, I am working a different angle on a new me. Since the first of the year I've been getting rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need. So far I've gotten rid of about 10 pounds of stuff. I've got about another 35 or so to go. Yes, that's right, I'm on a diet. And this time I'm sticking to it. I've been using a site called My Fitness Pal to track my food intake and, shocker, the exercise I've been doing. Yeah you heard it. And it's been over a week :-)

OK, so I've changed my routine a little bit (I'm not walking every day like I did the first week), but I'm still exercising. Actually, I'm burning more calories each week now than when I was just walking. And I'm pulling my family along with me. When I was walking, many of them went with me. Now that we have a membership to the local Rec Center, they're joining me there as well. The kids and I go swimming at least once a week and we've been around the track several nights as well.

It's a small step, but I'm happy I've been able to keep it up this long. I can't wait to finish this journey and get back to a weight I'm more happy with.

No comments: