Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pandora's opened another box

I've been using Pandora for a while. I have it playing the background while I'm surfing. For the most part it's jsut an on-line radio station for me. I only occasionally click over to even see what's playing. The good part is that it's pretty good at only playing stuff I like. They're really done a good job in the genome analytics.

Another site I came across recently is BlogMusik. Although they also have a music matching option that tries to match a base artist or song with other songs that you'd like (not nearly as accurately as Pandora), there are other tools/features that stuck out more for me.

On the main page they list top songs per country, region or category (it has changed several times). This is kinda cool for us analytical types to compare, but also offers another way to expose yourself to new music.

It also allows you to search for an artist or song. As a bonus you can select an entire album to listen to on-line. All of the music is streamed, so it has quick starts and smooth (fade out and in) transitions. Finally, if you find a song you like it has many ways to share that song with others including embedding like the following (a favorite of my daughter's right now) ...

free music

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... the embedded player doesn't seem to be working right now.