Friday, November 16, 2007

Are you smarter than a 4th grader?

I'm not... Well that's not entirely true thankfully, but I feel like it sometimes. Trying to help my daughter with her homework the other night was bringing back some old memories. Not all of the memories came back though as I struggled to remember the definition of mode (versus median and mean). I know that we talked about it in school -- 30 some odd years ago! -- but I just couldn't remember. Things will only get worse as she gets older, I'm afraid.

On the other hand, she likes teaching others what she knows, and her brothers are close behind her in school, so if I can just make sure that she continues to do well in school, and keep her interested in sharing that knowledge, maybe the boys will have someone to help with their homework... I can hope. If not, there's always the Internet :-)

No comments: