Monday, February 18, 2008

Going Down?

I've been a GMail user for quite a while and one of the things that I REALLY like about it is that I don't have to worry about SPAM. I don't mean I only get a few. I mean I don't ahve to worry about it at all! (can you say that about YOUR email provider?) I was so confident that GMail could handle all of the SPAM I could throw at it, I now have it sucking in my old 99.95% used-for-SPAM account. And even with over 130+ messages a day for that email account alone, I still only see 3 to 5 A WEEK that it misses! I dutifully click on "report as SPAM" and save hundreds or thousands from seeing the same SPAM in their mailbox as I help train GMail's filters. I don't even check my SPAM "folder" in GMail anymore either 'cuz they have only marked a couple of messages as SPAM in the life of my account that really weren't SPAM -- and even then, just bulk newsletters. Honestly, after reading them, they were kinda SPAMmy... :-)

According to the graphic represented above (click to enlarge), Google's doing a pretty darn good job of staying on top of the continuous flow of SPAM. Another reason to switch to GMail!

PS. You can usually click on the leading graphics in my posts when I include them to get to some more information. In this case, I linked the graphic to Google's explanation on how the manage SPAM. Check it out!

No comments: