Monday, April 21, 2008

All alone...

...with the kids this past weekend and part of this week as my wife visited relatives in Florida.

Happy to say that there have been no major issues so far! :-) My wife made me a "no-mom-schedule" document for me to use while she was gone. It had the kid's schedule on there as well as some of the other family events, etc so I didn't miss anything. It helps a lot to have someone do that when you're not used to the schedule of events. I know the major things that go on around here, but she has, by default or design, taken care of the kid's schooling for the most part -- and I really appreciate that! I know that they go to school, and roughly when they leave the house, but I'm not here to involve myself in it each day, so it's all her! Their project due dates, the forms to return when, etc., being listed on the schedule kept me from having to respond to an email from a teacher asking where that piece of paper was.

So far I think we've all had a good time. We've done special things -- just Dad and the kids. We've kept pretty much the same schedule and rules (so as not to upset the balance of nature or parenting when Mom gets back.) They've not had free rein, but we've done some things that we might not have otherwise done... ;-} No one has been seriously hurt. No one is lost or locked up. Mom's vacation is not over yet, but I think I'm holding down the fort OK... I've even gotten a chance to get a few things done around the house that I'd not been able to do until now!

No comments: