Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shuttin' 'em down...

I'll post the whole issue soon, but I've been having a lot of car issues lately -- my car and my wife's car both. It made me remember something -- two of the four dealerships that we've used for maintenance on our cars are gone. Shut down. Closed for business.

The first was where we attempted to purchase my wife's current vehicle. Too many delays, etc forced us to go to another dealership. A week or so later that original dealership shut down.

The second one that closed was actually the one closed to our house, but one that we had never used until my car broke down a half mile away from it. They got the business by default (shorter tow). I was not pleased with the service, but they got my car running (though I'm still not convinced at 100%). I guess I wasn't' the only one not satisfied given that they closed a month or so after my repair. I actually talked to the General Manager of the dealership because of my service experience.

Now I'm curious what will happen to the dealership that just services my wife's car given our record. We'll see...

Full details on my experience to follow (I need to sanitize it a little still).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey World Discovered,

What were the name of those two dealerships that closed? Thanks!