Monday, October 5, 2009

Change of plans...

As I was laying in bed last night, I tried to run through all of the brands I might be writing down starting this morning. I played through my morning routine in my mind, ticking off each thing I interacted with. The alarm clock would be the first thing. Bedding. Television. Pain on the walls (as I felt my way in the mostly dark hallway to the bathroom). I quickly realized that there would be too much to include if I recorded EVERYTHING I interacted with, so I decided to narrow it down to "consumable" items -- things that would need to be replaced by their usage or consumption. Surely this would be a more manageable list.

Before I had hit the car to drive to work, I had already recorded over 20 brands to contact for my little experiment. I added almost 20 more throughout the day. This little experiment was turning into a much bigger project that I was thinking initially. And I still haven't figured out the tracking logistics.

I'll continue logging the products/brands, and I'll start thinking about the tracking (brand, website, contact form, data contacted, date replied, automated reply or personal, type of reply (email, snail mail), newsletter subscription, etc. So much work yet to do...

No comments: