Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It wears you down...

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that when I got into the car in the morning I needed to adjust the mirror almost every day. I'm sure that my wife hadn't borrowed it, so I was uncertain why the mirror kept moving out of alignment. I'd have to adjust the mirror up in the morning.

As I began to track this more, looking for a cause, I realized that when I started heading home at night, I'd have to adjust my mirror down for my evening drive. OK, so now I knew it was me who had been the poltergeist adjusting the mirror (I wonder what else I do subconsciously now).

It still took me a little while longer to realize that it was just because of my posture. When I head out in the morning, I'm fresh, energized and ready to head to work (yeah I know, I'm a little sick sometimes). After "a long day at the office" I crawl back into my vehicle and slouch into the seat, adjust the mirror and head home.

I'd never before noticed this very obvious example of how a day can really wear you down.

Anyone else have this issue?

2 comments:

Patti said...

I really noticed doing this when I was working in Detroit, but I still do it now too. Crazy, huh>?

Anonymous said...

Happened to me also. At first I thought it was a matter of which coat I wore. Eventually I realized, it was based on how tense I was... If I was tense, I would be tight in the shoulders, and back. Forcing myself to relax was better than adjusting the mirrors.