Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Batter Up

The kids and I went to the Scrap Box last Friday looking for cool "industrial waste" to play with :-)


In the process we came across a huge tub of baseball cards. For a $4 bag, we walked away with hundreds of great condition, mostly baseball cards, but some other sports as well. I haven't collected cards since I was about 10, and I'm not really into sports now, but I thought it would be fun to sort through with the kids and see if we could find anything worth more than a few pennies.

Now the fun part - finding somewhere to research the values. I recognize a few names from when I was listening to the Tiger's winning streak and a few for other reasons, but I have no idea whose card is really worth something. If you're a collector or have a good place to start, leave a comment. I've been Asking Google and a few friends have recommended Beckett's, but I've not really dug in yet.

Worst case, I package them up in zip locks and sell them to the kids at our garage sale. I can easily make back my $4.00 investment.

Given the condition and quantity, I think the collection came from a divorce, death or someone who left them behind when they went to college. It's interesting to speculate.

Wish me luck!

No comments: