Monday, April 18, 2011

Thanks Gary!

It's been a little over two years since Gary passed away. Because of his needs, I was introduced to additional forms of Red Cross donations. I had been donating whole blood since high school, but now, thanks to Gary I've also been donating platelets. So far, I've donated platelets over 20 times (each donation session may provide up to the equivalent of 12 whole blood donations) and have been able to help many people that I would not otherwise have been aware of. On behalf of all of those people, Thanks Gary!

For those of you who have a couple of extra hours a month (or at all), please consider some of the additional donation methods: Platelets, Double Reds, and Plasma. The process is no more painful than regular whole blood donation. Your time could save a life.


See http://www.redcross.org/ or call 800-Red-Cross for more information or to schedule an donation appointment.

No comments: