Monday, March 19, 2007

Keeping track of Google

I use Google's personalized home page for my RSS feeds. I tried using Reader, but found that I wanted to read EVERYTHING! Getting back to the information overload syndrome, I decided that by setting the limits on the gadgets to 5 for each feed, I can stay on top of the posts for the most past without hurting my brain too much.

There are some sites/feeds that I have found to be so useful, though, that I do want to read everything posted there. Google Blogoscoped is one of those sites. Google Blogoscoped helps keep me entertained and informed about all things Google (and related). But I often get caught up and forget to get over to the site itself to read the information so I also use Track Engine to monitor the site and send me emails. I check my email a lot more frequently than I get a chance to surf my favorite sites, so this offers a better alternative for me.

No comments: