Monday, May 12, 2008

Another one for your phone book

I wrote a while ago about several phone numbers you should have in your cell phone. One service that I had been waiting for was one that allowed you to perform an Internet search via a phone call (versus on a web-enabled cell phone). Well, wait no more... Not sure where I found this one, but ChaCha has arrived!

The site works by submitting your speech to text query to an army of modestly paid surfers who do the surfing for you and then text you the answer. It's not perfect, but if could help you out of a jam. You can also log in to the site when you're back in front of a live Internet connection and see who fielded your query and the site that they used to get your answer.

I'm not sure of the business model, so I'm not sure how long they'll be around, but it's worth checking out while you can. Just call 800-2ChaCha

No comments: