Monday, July 20, 2009

Never thought I'd say that!

Shortly after my kids were born, my wife noticed that she was saying some things that were, um, unexpected... They made perfect sense in context at the time, but after she said them, she realized how absurd they sounded.


Most recently, my daughter had gotten stung by a bee while playing outside in her bare feet. My oldest son ran upstairs to get his Dangerous Book for Boys book (it has, among other things, survival, Boy Scout kinda stuff). As I removed the stinger and applied cortisone and ice, he came rushing down the stairs, book in hand to help. About 10 seconds later... "That's very nice of you to offer, but NO!, you can't pee on your sister's foot!"

Amy -- I suggest you start a book now and give it to your daughter at high school graduation -- or perhaps share it with her potential dates after you review the naked baby bathtub pictures. :-)

Anyone else remember things that you thought you'd never say to your children? Leave them in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny!

I will start keeping a log - great idea!

-Amy