Thursday, March 11, 2010

Outsider

My oldest son (10) had some issues the other day and instead of being able to play outside after school with his siblings, he had to stay inside. While he was "trapped" in his room he decided to write a poem. This is the result:


Outsider

Wet, mushy, and covered in snow
Greens and browns cover the ground
And balls scattered all around
Not 2, not 4, not 6, but 12
Houses in the background

The clouds are light, fluffy and clear
I see kids out in their yards
as they play with cheer

The basketball hoops stand alone
Because everyone's everywhere but home

The birds flutter and flap
From tree to tree
O, I wish how I could be like them
Nice and free

The sun shines and casts dark shadows
The swings creek in the wind
As I watch I see the melted snow
Flood the grass
It reminds me of the rice fields
As clear as glass

I stare, stare, and stare out my window
And all I see is
Outside.

2 comments:

Patti said...

get it published in a magazine!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is terrific! I wish I had some talent like that. Great poem!!!