Saturday, September 1, 2007

Seeing Stars

Click here for Corbin's latest CDI blogged a while ago about the tickets that my daughter won for the Corbin Bleu concert from Radio Disney. Well Thursday night was the concert. She was out her mind with anticipation. She was screaming into her hand, jumping up and down and in general, freaking out like a star-struck teenager (she's not quite there, yet). And Corbin wasn't even on stage yet! My wife had playfully reminded her as we were walking into the theater that she was breathing the same air as Corbin and that just took her frenzy to a whole other level.

At one point, I asked her why she was so excited. She said that this was the first time that she was going to be able to see real stars in person. I gently cradled her head and pointed it toward the sky and said, "every night dear..." She just laughed and uttered some "Dad, you're so weird" quote that I guess I should start getting used to.

Also at the concert was the 12-year-old winner of the first season of America's Got Talent, and a singer from some Nickelodeon show we didn't know (he reminded me of the Monkeys) and then the concert was capped by Aly and AJ, another Disney pair.

We all had a lot of fun!

No comments: