Friday, December 18, 2009

Chrome

My wife had been suffering with IE for a while and so I finally got her set up with Google's Chrome browser. No more unresponsive links. No more crashing the whole browser when one tab flakes out. The great speed claims are holding true for her so far. She said the transition was really easy and no issues. It imported her bookmarks. Saved her default search engine...

Google is apparently really pushing Chrome this holiday season as well. Though I've not seen them anywhere "in the wild" yet, I did come across some really cool ads for Chrome...

Speed:


Tabs:


Themes:


Stability:


Security:


Omnibox:


Incognito:


Full video:


Making of...


Japanese ad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried the latest version of Opera? It is pretty darn responsive. Or how about FireFox with the adblock plus plugin? It is great for general surfing and preventing annoying ads...

-James said...

Shoulda, coulda woulda... except that I don't have as much time as I'd like to try all the stuff. Thought that this way I'd kill a few birds with one stone -- fix wife's problem -- get some real world usage of Chrome -- would let me try things out on her install before I got around to installing on my profile -- embed ourselves even deeper into Google apps...