Sunday, June 22, 2008

For those paying REALLY close attention...

When I get an idea for a post I generally send an email to my Blogger account that is saved as a draft versus immediatly published. Then, when I've got time (away from work, etc) I finish those posts and post them. When I'm not paying close attention, though, the post goes out with the original date of the draft as opposed to the date of the edited and published time. That causes those posts to get buried in what would be history to those of you reading directly from A World Discovered home page as opposed to arriving at a specific from a search.

The other exposure is that it may look like I'm creating these posts all day at work. NOT! First, the only money I make by writing these posts is from Google in the form of adsense monies when you click on the ads on this site. You did notice the ads over there --> on the right didn't you? If you find something of interest or relevance there, feel free to click on them. My employer is not paying me to write these so it wouldn't be fair to spend the time that they're paying me to write these.

One other note is that a while ago, Blogger started allowing "future posting" that will allow me to write a post now, and set it to be automatically published at some time in the future. What good is that you ask? Well it will allow me to continue to be a burst-blogger, writing when I have the time, but balance things out for you, the reader, to provide fresh content more often than just once or twice a week.

A lot of you that visit come back often -- several times a week for some of you. And if I can't keep up with your appetite for reading my blog, you'll get sad and forget to come back. I don't want you to be sad. :-( So allowing me to burst when I can and still keep things fresh more often works out best for both of us.

Now I've just gotta cleanup all of those drafts sitting there to finish...

No comments: