Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Well, I made it. This officially marks one year's worth of posts (365 posts) -- though it's taken me over a year to get here. My first post was March 19th, 2007. I'm still working out the kinks, but I'm thankful that there are still a few of you around reading this and cheering me on.

Several of you have commented on my posts, both on-line, and to me directly. Thanks! I'm still not sure exactly why I'm doing this, but it's still fun, so I'll keep it up. It's been a little busy around here lately as school wound down and all, so I've been a little delinquent in my posts, but I promise to pick up the pace again soon. Hang in there...

There have been a few other birthdays recently as well. My oldest son turned 9 a couple of weeks ago, and today is my daughter's 10th birthday! My how times flies! Each of my kids really enjoyed their days as did my wife and I. One thing that kinda hit me though was that as they're getting older, I'm starting to get more scared about what will happen to them; what the world will do to my kids...

My daughter greeted me the other day with a song a friend had taught her recently. It was something that she found really funny and just had to share. It was the "Beans, Beans..." song. It was nice to see her so giddy about such gross humor. Her brothers both got into singing as well. I know that innocence won't last forever (or much longer, for that matter), so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can... I'm sure that I'll long for this summer as we have more serious grown-up conversations in the coming months and years and remember my little babies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should make a recording/mp3 of their rendition that you can use later in life to remind them of this summer...