Monday, July 21, 2008

Camera Protection

Digital cameras can be expensive and costly to replace, but if you lose yours, the first thing that you're likely tyo think about is the lost pictures, not the lost camera.

I saw a very useful tip while surfin' around tonight. On the Daytipper site, it was suggested that you create an image that has your name and phone number on it and put it on your camera as img_001.jpg or whatever is appropriate for your camera. The idea is that if an honest person happens across your camera when lost, they'll be able to track you down and return it (with the irreplaceable pictures still intact it's hoped).

I did this one little step better by making this the image that shows on my camera's LCD when you turn the camera on or off as well. I included my name, address and phone number as well as a note about a reward for extra incentive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with my USB/Thumb Drives. I put a plain text file called "readme.txt" that has my contact info, I also put the exact same text file with the name "reward" to indicate a reward for returning it...