Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can you hear me now?

I had a totally different thought in mind when I went to write this post (it was a parenting thought), but I'll come back to that one later.

My new car came with a hands-free option for a bluetooth phone. Only one problem -- my phone doesn't do blue tooth. Not yet anyway. My wife's phone works, but not completely in my car.

Our cell plan is up in a couple of months so we're looking into what our options are. I'm ready to switch carriers too. The BCC car site has a list of phones that they've tested with my car and the features that work/don't work for each phone. Now I just have to find a phone that's inexpensive, and has all of the features that I want...

Does your car have a hands free option? What do you like about it. When do you use it most? Does it use your phone's phone book or do you have to create a new phone book? Did you find that you use it more in your car than you did before the built-in hands free? Does your phone dial by voice or just have a speaker? Does yours allow you to speak the name of the person you want to call, or just the phone number? I've not even read that part of the manual on my car yet 'cuz I don't want to know all of what I'll be missing when I get the phone that's not the top of the line...

Maybe I'll compare some of the phones BCC says work well on a site like PhoneScoop.

No comments: