Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Another voyeur site!

There is a new feature in Google Maps now (similar to something I saw via A9 a while ago), that allows you to see actual street level views of locations instead of just satellite views. They've only rolled out a few cities so far, but just like when Google Earth came out, there's been a slew of people looking for the interesting locations. Google Blogoscoped has a couple initial captures that are interesting, but Street Viewr is one site that people are submitting locations to. I just keep telling myself that these are fun to look at and push to the back of my mind any thoughts of the book 1984 (you can even see faces close up). It really is cool technology. Be sure to use the zoom and navigation once you get to a location. I've even seen a site where someone used Flickr to create a little drive by movie. Maybe Google will incorporate that soon too...

No comments: