Thursday, June 21, 2007

LinkedIn change

While perusing my Linked in account this evening, I noticed two things. First, someone wanted to add me to their network! (Thanks and you're welcome Dave. Good luck!) Second, There is now a new beta service that shows you "who" has looked at your profile in the last month and how many times your account shows up in search results in the past week. They have set the viewer/searcher display setting to "generic" by default so I can't tell who's actually looking at my profile, but it currently says someone at my company, someone at a supplier, someone in the "Entertainment Industry", someone else at another supplier, and a "Sr Account Manager" in my industry.

I know that several of the other "social networks" have added this feature a while ago (and taken some heat for it, if I recall), but to me, this is pretty cool. Everything is pretty generic so I can't trace back to a particular person, but it's nice to see that people are looking. A little bit of an ego boost.

I'm up to over 320,000 people within the friends of friends of friends circle!

No comments: