Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Carolina Colors

Scenic NC


I'm sure that there is a color scheme for the colleges in North Carolina (I'm not much of a sports fan), but the colors that stick in my mind are red and green.

The dirt down there not brown, or fertile black like I'm used to -- it's RED. Actually it's red-orange. And it seems to stick to clothes more than the brown dirt I'm used to. I associate the red dirt with clay up by me, so I'm still amazed that vegetation grows in the stuff, but it does. And that brings me to my other color memory -- Green. Lots of green. There is so much green in the trees, the kudzu, even the grass. It's hard to tell that most of the counties we pass through have received not even half of their normal rainfall year-to-date. Some are even in serious risk of wildfires. Couldn't tell by the plant life we saw on our trip.




No comments: