Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bit by the bug

Whatever is going around here is nasty!

My wife was sick a couple of weeks ago -- knocked her out completely for a day, and kicked her pretty good for several days around that one. Then my son got sick. He got something completely different I think. Symptoms for him were mostly congestion and coughing...lots of coughing. On a couple of nights, I sat with him on the recliner downstairs at night so he'd get a little relief by being upright. Helped him, hurt me. I lost some sleep, making me more susceptible to the coughing all around me. It finally grabbed hold of me this past weekend. I spent the weekend in daze, and Tuesday and Wednesday on the couch. I thought I was good enough to go to work today, but only made it a half day before heading home, light-headed.

I feel like a sissy going to the doctor for a cough and congestion, but if this keeps up, I might cede.

My daughter's school principal sent an email home on Tuesday saying that 77 kids called in sick that day -- a little more than 25% if I did my math right. Maybe this is what all the hype's about in Cloverfield.

No comments: