Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fontasy

I'm no doctor, but sometimes my handwriting is just as bad. I'm strong enough to admit my weaknesses, that's why I type everything I can instead (auto correct and spell check is a handy side benefit). My creativity comes in the mental arena, solving problems, out of the box thinking, etc, not the physical side of things like building, drawing, designing, etc. If I was more adept at that side of the arts, I might fancy a site like the FontStruct site at FontShop. That site allows you to build an entire font from scratch, online, for free! Let your right brain go while and get a little crazy, or simply express your own personal style. The site is full of powerful tools, some of which are demonstrated int eh video below. Make your own characters, pictures, etc and assign them to standard keyboard letters. Once done, save your font as a normal True Type font and use it to show the world how creative you are.



No comments: