Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NEWS ALERT! Google and Microsoft merge!

I don't usually make fun of people for their lack of knowledge (I STILL have to write my Domain Knowledge versus Common Knowledge post), but I heard something this morning on a conference call that I thought was REALLY funny...

It was a conversation about Microsoft Sharepoint needing (in this particular implementation) a separate search function than the Google Enterprise appliance currently in use. Google simply couldn't index and return search results from any of the Microsoft SharePoint content. The speaker said in very frustrated tone something along the lines of "It's the same company! Why can't they just make them work together." After a brief moment of "did she really just say that" silence, someone finally tried to clarify if she did indeed think that Google and Microsoft were the same company. She was educated on the extremely competitive nature of the separate corporate entities and the conversation moved on... I wonder where this person gets their news from.

No comments: