Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Say that again...?

In my searching for stuff to post here for your perusing enjoyment, I stumbled upon the Useloos site a little bit ago. Problem is, there's a lot of stuff on the site that I can't understand. Some things are pretty obvious and can draw my attention with a little bit of English or a picture, but the site itself is in Dutch. I know I'm missing some really cool stuff because I don't know what they're talking about. NO MORE!

I hadn't bothered with it before tonight, but... GOOGLE to the rescue! Google will translate entire web pages for you (once you figure out what language the site it in). Take a look at Useloos in English. Granted it's machine translation, but still a lot better than I could do even with a dictionary :-) (You can improve Google's translation of a page if you're fluent in the language as well -- just hover over the text with your mouse.)

Have another site that you need translated? Head on over to Google's Language Tools. In fact, I get a lot of visitors from all over the world, so, if English isn't your first language, try the translate button in the lower right corner of this page.

Happy translating!

No comments: