Sunday, October 7, 2007

41 Pounds

I've said before that actually like getting junk mail. There are only a few of days a year that we don't get some form of mail at our house, and most of those are holidays. If you don't have the same need to receive external validation for your existence, there is a new service that might come in handy for you.

According to their site, the average adult receives 41 pounds of junk mail a year. That's each adult. So in a household it could easily reach over 100 pounds in a single year. No wonder my back hurts. I cart all my junk mail and newspapers to my kid's school so they get a few bucks a year from their recycling partner, Paper Retriever.

For $41.00 for five years, you can join 41Pounds. They claim to be able to reduce your junk mail by 80-95% in just a few years. For less than 70 cents a month, you could be saving time, reducing your waste and the waste that goes into generating that waste, and doing your part to take back your mailbox. I heard one of the three brothers who started this being interviewed on the radio the other day. I was very impressed by their knowledge, commitment and ideas. If you want to reduce your unwanted junk mail, give 'em a try.

No comments: