Monday, October 22, 2007

Did you find what you're looking for?

When I was growing up, one of my pastors had a player piano. When the family would go over to his house for some occasion, I'd often get to play the rolls for a while. The Entertainer and the William Tell Overture were among my favorites, but another was the Theme from Mahogany. I never saw the movie, and really have no interest, but for some reason at that point in my life, I liked that song. I found a Jennifer Lopez version of it the other day that brought back memories.

The first few verses go:

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to?
Do you know?

Do you get what you're hoping for?
When you look behind you there's no open door
What are you hoping for?
Do you know?

I thought of this song as I was perusing my blog stats the other day. Several of the analytics that I have embedded on my site allow me to capture referrers (where you came from) including search terms. This isn't a big brother thing at all, but I am interested.

The last time I looked, I had a lot of people that apparently were looking for something else when they say I wrote about playing voyeur with Google's StreetView. Sorry guys. I had the occasional hit on topics from our summer vacation (Panda bears, Unicorns, Blue Ghost lights, Carousels and whistles among others).

Then there was the article about Hannah Montana. That drew a little crown when published, but died fairly quickly (as opposed to the fervor over the $2000+ price people are paying to see her in concert this summer.)

Lately, it seems that the Moutain Dew commercial post seems to be getting a lot of interest.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: