Thursday, October 25, 2007

Surprise...

I have a gadget / widget / mini-app on my iGoogle homepage that shows the geographic location of visitors to my blog. It's provided as an RSS feed from Blogflux. I check it periodically. Today I was surprised to see visitors from "Mountain View, California, United States." Ummmm. I know that sounds familiar for some reason. Let me think. Hmmm... Oh yeah! GOOGLE!

Digging a bit deeper, I saw that it was in fact visitors from Google.com. Pretty cool for a neophyte like me.

Then I began to feel a little deja view. I think I mentioned a visitor from Copywrite.com had stopped by shorty after I posted CD cover shots of Hannah Montana in my Life Lessons post. I started to feel a little guilty of something. Of what I'm not sure. I guess I have a little bit of insecurity and paranoia.

I'm sure that they were just checking out all the positive press I'm giving them. When I talk about all the great information that they've made available to the world. All the good that they're doing. All the cool stuff available at the Google Store that I'd be happy to show off to all my techno-geeky friends and the rest of the world.

Ah, whatever. I'm glad for the visitors. Makes me feel more worthy of something... I guess...

Know anyone else that might have an interest in something that you're reading here? Let 'em know. There's an email icon at the bottom of each post.

No comments: