Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Been there...NOT. Done that...maybe.

My younger brother is amazing. He's been to more countries than I've been to states. I'd known that for a while, but decided to actually ask him to enumerate them today... This is what I got back...

"The unabridged list of countries, territories, colonies, autonomous districts, and otherwise hard to categorize places in the world that I remember having been to is as follows:

  • [USA of course]
  • Canada
  • UN headquarters, NYC (not sure that counts, but...)
  • Mexico
  • Ecuador
  • Peru
  • Ireland
  • Spain
  • Gibraltar
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Netherlands
  • Germany
  • Switzerland
  • Italy
  • the Vatican City
  • Czech
  • Austria
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • Tibet
  • South Africa
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
    ...some of them for longer durations than others.

    I think he forgot a layover in Japan, but I may be remembering it wrong... That's at least 25 countries!

    Me? I've been to USA, Mexico, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan (if that layover existed) and I guess that's it.

    Not that I'm jealous or anything, but he's 12 years younger than me with a full head of hair too!

    Been around the world? Where have you been? Leave a comment with your list of places you've left your footprints.

  • 3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Canada! Does that count?

    I've been to most states too.

    -James said...

    Apparantly he missed one... He added Cape Verde to the list -- he's up to 27 now!

    -James said...

    And Norway he says! 28! Only about 165 left to visit, depepnding on who you ask. Better get crackin' bro!