Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Who REALLY wants you...

So I started, or rather re-started, thinking about the ads that Google AdSense places on my blog. It's all based on content already on the page. It's kind of interesting to see what it matches up on. Currently, my story about my youngest in the pool is grabbing "its" attention.

There's actually a whole industry around Making the most of your AdSense program. There are articles out there telling you what words to use on your website, blog, etc to get the most high-paying ads delivered to your page. Essentially, to make the most money, you want ads that when someone clicks on it, nets you the most revenue. To get those ads you need to grab AdSense's attention with the highest Cost per Click value. You get a portion of the money that Google makes on each click, so the higher their profit, the higher your percentage rakes in.

If I wanted to maximize my AdSense revenue and get two free lunches a year from Google, I would have to use words like Loan Consolidation, Student Loan, Car Insurance Quote, Cash Settlement or take another genre and use things like Business Degrees Online, Online College Degree, or Online Doctorate Degree. With these words in my blog, a match with AdSense and a LOT of luck, I may be up sizing that fry from Wendy's – courtesy of Google and AdSense and of course the people who were interested in reducing their debt or learning even more while in their boxers and slippers…

No comments: